- Bevan Wilson Physio - Guildford's most loved business!
- Sporting Compliments!
- We are open this Christmas!
- So do topical anti-inflammatory creams work?
- The Olympics is here!
- Bevan Wilson at Queen's Club and Boodles Tennis
- Injury risk screening & prevention for tennis (Tennisflex) and other sports
- Book online 24hrs a day!
- Physiotherapy in style at the Guildford Radisson Spa
- Squash World Series Finals
- Tennis - Aegon Championships 2012
- Christmas Opening
- Follow us on Twitter!
- Sunday clinic at Charterhouse
- Additional Guildford Clinic
- Running into trouble?!
- Changes to our payment terms and new patient appointment charges
- Georgia returns!
- Good luck Francesca!
- New Team Members!
- Beware the Christmas spirit.......and other injury hazards!
- Future team members?
- New office, new phones and new IT in 2010!
- Team Potts - our newest recruits!
- There’s no business like snow business!
- New evening clinics at Milford, Charterhouse and Guildford
- Murray & Kaymer succeed in the U.S
- Recent Testamonials
- Bevan Wilson and Dustin Hoffman (Brown) at The Boodles!
- Bevan Wilson @ The Boodles
- Skiing & Snowboarding Injuries
- New diary system
- New rehabilitation clinic at Birtley House
- It's Snow Joke!!
- New Year, New You?!
- Francesca Returns!
- Christmas is coming!!
- Breast Cancer Campaign
- Announcing a new clinic
- Swine Flu
- Breast Cancer Awareness - October 2009
- Suitcase Injuries
- Tennis Trivia
- Francesca's new arrival!
- Tennis Time!
- NICE Back Pain Guidance
- Bevan Wilson successful in BUPA Tender
- Customer Satisfaction Survey Results
- New Staff!
- Marathon success for Fiona
- Satisfaction Survey March 2009
- Farewell JoJo Newman
- New website underway
- London Marathon Physio
- Francesca Maternity Leave
- Price Increases
- Balance Booster Class
- Divisions & Sports Services
- James Avery joins as Partner
Tennis - Aegon Championships 2012
Bevan Wilson will again be involved in Tennis' Aegon Championships (formally the Stella Artois) at Queens Club in June 2012.
James was selected to work as part of the joint ATP / LTA team at the 2011 Championships and has been chosen again in 2012.
The Queen's Club tournament has been running in its current form since 1989 and is seen as the ideal preparation for The Wimbledon Championships although it is a highly prestigious tournament in its own right. Previous winners include McEnroe, Hewitt, Roddick and Britain's Andy Murray in 2011.
A team of six physiotherapists, osteopaths and sports masseurs work alongside a Sports Medicine Doctor and are highly in demand from the start of the tournament right through until hours after the trophy has been lifted. Working non-stop from 10am until at least 10pm (but frequently until as late as midnight, depending on the great British weather!) they do everything in their power to ensure that the players are able to perform at their best.
During a tournament most treatment consists of fire-fighting acute injuries, including many court-calls per day where their skills are put under the scrutiny of the BBC's and press' cameras.
Back in the locker room treatments predominantly consist of massage, joint mobilisation and manipulation, acupuncture and taping although there is often informal psychological support as well! Not every injury is acute and with such a long, intense season many play through minor injuries in the hope that they will resolve with treatment despite the demands of the game.
As well as The Aegon Championships, James has worked at various tennis events over the past ten years including Challengers, National Championships and ‘The Boodles' Wimbledon warm-up event. James and several of the Bevan Wilson team have also worked for the Lawn Tennis Association at the National Tennis Centre, treating injuries and rehabilitating players.
I'm always happy to contact Bevan Wilson when I require help.